Image management for hospitals
InVision is a vendor-neutral platform for audio-visual integration in the hospital. InVision can be used in interventional labs as well as operating rooms to view, record, store and share live and still images – a complete solution for image management.
Being a modular system, InVision can be customized and expanded to suit clinical needs. By connecting and integrating different medical imaging modalities with InVision, hospitals and healthcare professionals can:
- View consolidated image sources before, during and after a medical procedure. InVision consolidates multiple live image sources to lessen the number of screens needed. The system supports 4K and 3D and is compatible with any image source.
- Display images on any monitor in the room and control layouts of monitors.
- View integrated mobile and fixed devices from any selected workstation.
- Move mobile equipment between integrated OR:s and it will appear automatically, with a customized name and preconfigured screen settings, thanks to automatic source recognition.
- Add new equipment while keeping it out of the way and maximizing floor space and getting a better workspace design.
- Simultaneous four source recording to DICOM in full resolution. Replay individual sources in original resolution.
- Record medical images and create educational material for visiting clinicians to take with them after the training, for instance.
- Improve the quality of care and prevent medical errors. For hospitals that are committed to continuously improving healthcare standards, recording medical procedures can be a tool for analyzing difficult procedures or debriefing.
- Perform self-reviews through recording, which helps answering questions such as “Did I make the right decision?”, “What did I learn?” and “How do I make sure this does not happen again?”
- Have automatic recording of the sequence of events when the crash alarm is triggered (or in the case of other predefined events).
- Consolidate PACS archives from different suppliers. This makes it easier and faster to find images from prior examinations and can help reduce PACS storage requirements and associated costs.
- Use a VNA (Vendor Neutral Archive) for patient, DICOM and PACS administration.
- Handle multiple DICOM modality worklists as well as unscheduled patients through HIS and RIS integration.
- Manage DICOM files and associate them with the patient record, regardless of whether the OR is connected to the hospital PACS.
- Let students and colleagues follow live procedures from a conference room and ask questions, with uncompromised image quality. Support for 4K and 3D. Sharing images is important to institutions that focus on medical training, such as university hospitals.
- Transmit high-quality live broadcasts at the push of a button. By replacing the need for a satellite team, InVision keeps the interventional lab or operating room from becoming overcrowded and represents a cost-effective solution to share procedures to congresses, where the audience can interact with the medical team.
- Adopt and learn advanced surgical procedures, techniques or state-of-the-art medical equipment through remote expert guidance.
- Share images for remote consultations with colleagues, enabling cooperation across departments or between hospitals, such as MDT (Multi Disciplinary Team) meetings with synchronized review of images in full diagnostic imaging quality.
A common image management platform across the hospital – easier maintenance
InVision meets the needs to be a hospital-wide solution for audio-visual integration and can be used in operating rooms as well as interventional labs. With a common platform, the need for support, service and maintenance is streamlined and more cost-effective compared to having different integration systems in each department. It also means that healthcare professionals from different departments can attend the same training and are likely to have similar support needs, while it is easier to share images between departments.